27.4.12

NINAGAWA COLOUR





I seldom do 'book reviews' but sometime back I received a lovely package with a photo book of one of my favourite Japanese photographers (Thank you B!), and I found it irresistible to take some shots to show you. Mika Ninagawa is so famous for her brilliant use of colours that there has been a term coined as 'Ninagawa Colour'. When I was living in Tokyo I could always spot her photos right off, whether it's a sticker on a makeup bottle, a flip in a magazine or a huge advertisement billboard on the street.

P.S.
The last photo was something I shot many years back under some heavy Ninagawa influence ;)

Happy weekend!


4 comments:

  1. yeap, this book is great! glad that u love it ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love books, you always send me the best presents! I've just sent you something you will love too *lol*

      Delete
  2. I hadn't heard of this photographer earlier but I have now! Absolutely loving the colors, they're almost psychedelic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeap and I've heard that she doesn't use photoshop, it's just that she knows her colours very well which I find amazing. There is another Jap photographer that I like called Rinko Kawauchi, you can check her out if you're interested :)

      Delete